Tuesday 12 February 2013

Brenda specials

For Christmas this year, I requested a very practical (don't panic, also very pretty) gift: a jewellery box. It suddenly occurred to me that keeping my jewellery in random boxes and bags was not OK. Especially as most of the jewellery I wear was handmade (yep, HANDMADE) by my Grandma. Every Christmas for the past five or so years, all the girls in my family receive a Brenda Special. We then spend the year checking out what everyone else got and subtly drop hints about what we would like next. 

This is a small selection of some of the pieces the G-Ma has made. 


This was the first piece I received.
It is ace.
I wear it like everyday.

Here it is again,
On some pink velvet.

Silver bracelets

Selection of beaded bracelets and watches 

Silver necklaces

Silver bracelets

This is one of my favourites.
Unfortunately, it was made
for my cousin

Where it all lives

Attempting to be organised

Oh look, handy
travel case

Obviously, one of the best things about receiving these items is that they are completely unique. To add to this, Gran has repeatedly assured us that she will never be tempted to make jewellery to sell. So, no one else can have any. Which suits us just fine.

Liz xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment